Danny Wilson Memorial Awards
The Danny Wilson Memorial Awards were established to commemorate the life and work of the late Director of Brighton Photo Fringe who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in 2008.
This year there are two categories People's Choice and Professionals' Choice.
- The best in-venue exhibition showing as part of the Photo Fringe 2022
- the best online exhibition showing as part of Photo Fringe 2022
Selected by the visiting public, each winner will be awarded a portfolio review with a Photo Fringe Board member and an interview and feature on the Photo Fringe website.
You can vote for one in-venue and one online exhibition, and (bearing in mind not all in-venue shows have opened yet) edit your choices up to 5pm Friday 28 October.
But please, just one submission per voter!
- The best emerging photographer exhibiting in-venue as part of the Photo Fringe 2022
- The best online exhibition created by an emerging photographer as part of Photo Fringe 2022
- The best exhibition by a group or collective showing as part of Photo Fringe 2022
Each Professionals' choice winner will be awarded: £200 in cash, mentoring sessions with a Photo Fringe Board member and Metro Imaging Ltd, plus a Photo Fringe artist’s talk event during 2023.
Selections will be made by a team of respected industry professionals and curators
Julia Bunnemann, Curator, Photoworks
Sebah Chaudhry, Freelance Creative Producer and Curator
Becky Warnock, Artist, Lecturer at London College of Communication
Thanks to our partners at LCC and Photoworks who make the cash prizes possible.
The winning photographers will be announced at our closing awards ceremony
Plus X Innovation Hub, Lewes Rd, Brighton BN2 4GL
Friday 28 October
6pm to 9pm
The Danny Wilson Memorial Awards are sponsored by Photoworks and London College of Communication, University of the Arts, London.
image: Winner DWMA Professionals' Choice 2020 Lingfei Ren, From that day on, 2020